Paint Iowa BeautifulSOURCE
: Keep Iowa Beautiful
Paint will be purchased from your local Diamond Vogel Paint dealer (check the Diamond Vogel website at www.diamondvogel.com
for the list of locations in Iowa). The invoice for the number of gallons of the award should be sent to Keep Iowa Beautiful. Upon receipt of the notification of payment, a check will be sent to the award recipient (normally within a week of receipt of the invoice/payment notice). Reimbursement will be made for paint only – not for items such as rollers, brushes, scrapers, etc.
Submit letter or email (preferred) request containing:
- Description of the project
- The reasons why you need or deserve the paint
- Number of gallons desired
- Government or non-profit status
- Volunteer involvement or paid staff
- Tentative schedule for the project
- Plans for media or news involvement to give recognition to Diamond Vogel and Keep Iowa Beautiful
- Photography plans for the project (digital preferred)
- Contact name, address, phone, email
: February – last working day of the month.
Award winners will be announced in March. The award list will be submitted to Diamond Vogel Company and notification letters will be sent by the company to each award recipient.
SPECIAL PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Projects that will receive a higher rating include those that have high community value or are highly visible; involve volunteers and/or youth; assist the disadvantaged; are partnership projects (government with non-profits or service clubs).
- Requests for “interior paint” will not be considered.
- Projects that will generally receive a lower rating are those for high-volume requests (over 30 gallons of paint); submitted by a government agency only without a nonprofit or service club partnership, except where volunteer, disadvantaged, or youth involvement is strong.
- Copies of any photos (with everyone and everything clearly identified) and news or media coverage should be submitted as soon as possible after the project is completed. Include any quotes from community leaders that might be used by either Keep Iowa Beautiful or Diamond Vogel Paint Company.
- Awarded grants are applicable only for the calendar year in which the award is granted. There is no carryover to the next year. Those not using their allocation or award must reapply for the next year.
Gerald F. Schnepf, Executive Director
300 East Locust Street, Suite 100
Des Moines, IA 50309